10 Common Causes Of Lower Back Pain And How To Treat Them!
“Over the past 10 years, I have been suffering from a degenerative condition causing lower back pain. Since I started using Supreme Health’s Advanced Mobility Support in the past 4-5 months, I no longer experience any lower back pain in the morning. It is easier for me to get moving and I now have more flexibility and mobility. I would definitely keep using Advanced Mobility Support and would strongly recommend this to anyone that are experiencing joint or muscle pains.” – Amanda B.
If you have ever suffered from lower back pain, you know that there are moments in the day that are unavoidably painful, like getting in and out of bed, getting dressed, putting on your socks and shoes and even getting in and out of the car. Having reduced movement and flexibility can take away simple pleasures in life. The best way to treat lower back pain is to know the causes of the pain. Anti-inflammatory supplementation with natural antioxidants such as Supreme Health’s Advanced Mobility Support is one of the many natural supplements that you can use to ease the lower back pain.
10 Common Causes Of Lower Back Pain
1. Sprains & Strains – stretching or tearing of ligaments or muscles
2. Poor posture – resulting in muscles tightening /shortening leading to muscle weakness
3. Improper lifting – too heavy and/or improper technique
4. Lack of regular exercise – a sedentary lifestyle e.g. sitting at a desk all day
5. Degenerative Disc Disease – loss of elasticity/cushioning of the disc(s) between vertebrae
6. Ruptured/Herniated Disc – compressed/ruptured disc placing pressure on spinal nerves
7. Spinal Compression Fractures – thinning and weakening of spinal bone leading to small fractures
8. Sciatica – Compression of the largest nerve in the body
9. Spondylolisthesis – vertebrae slipping out of place and compressing spinal nerves
10. Osteomyelitis – infection of lumbar vertebra or backbone
All of the above causes of lower back pain have one key thing in common, and that’s inflammation.
Inflammation is a localized biochemical cascade and is the bodies attempt to heal itself from irritation, damage, injury and/or infection. The biochemical pathway in inflammation causes blood to flow to the affected area to promote healing which in turn causes the heat, redness, swelling/stiffness, and pain.
Treatment Options for Lower Back Pain
Treatment options for lower back pain by most medical professionals are usually prescribed topical applications (gels, drops, and patches) and pain-killing medications called Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs).
NSAIDs works by inhibiting certain molecules in the inflammatory pathway (COX enzymes) that promote the production of prostaglandins that cause swelling and increase pain. Nevertheless, NSAIDs are not recommended for long-term use because of its systemic side effects: gastrointestinal irritation, less efficient kidney function and an increase in blood pressure.
How to treat lower back pain naturally:
There are other natural treatment options that have helped with relieving lower back pain. These include:
- Epsom Salts Bath – 2 cups of Epsom Salts in a warm relaxing bath can help muscles relax because of the high magnesium levels.
- Hot and Cold Packs – alternating heat and cold packs for 20 mins each can due swelling, heat, and pain
- Regular exercise – can help strengthen and stretch the muscles, improving circulation and often reduces pain
- Adopt an anti-inflammatory diet – try to have Omega 3 and antioxidant-rich foods in each meal including oily fish, grass-fed beef, olive and coconut oils, colourful fruit and vegetables, ginger and turmeric roots. Remove pro-inflammatory foods that contain sugar and trans-fats (processed foods).
- Supplementation with anti-inflammatory antioxidants – Natural Astaxanthin, Turmeric, Essential Fatty Acids EPH and DHA, Vitamin E.
The Advanced Mobility Support Formula Contains Key Antioxidants
Supreme Health’s Advanced Mobility Support contains key antioxidants that have been scientifically proven to dampen down the inflammatory responses in the body to promote repair, lessen pain and support the bodies’ attempts to heal itself. It has been formulated to directly combat the oxidative stress and chronic inflammation experienced in damaged or degenerative connective tissue and structural health conditions like lower back pain.
Natural Astaxanthin (AstaNZ™) is the most potent antioxidant discovered, it quenches more inflammation promoting free radicals than any other antioxidant. Turmeric, DHA, and EPA all contain powerful anti-inflammatory compounds that actively modulate inflammatory pathways and immune responses including bio-chemicals like cytokines, chemokines, adhesion molecules, growth factors and transcription factors that directly promote pain and inflammation.